Online meeting have started to risen up recently and lots of users are using google meet app for taking online meeting. But recently some users are facing issue in recording Online meeting on Google Meet.
Option to record Google meeting is missing from the call screen. The users were able to record the meet easily earlier but after latest update the Google meet record button is not available.
If you are also wondering why Google meet does not have record option then below are the possible causes :
- Please check with the admin of the Google meet that they have turned on recording for Meet in the Google Admin console.
- Meet record is not available on the phones yet, so make sure you are using Meet on a computer.
- If you join only to present then you can’t record. Join the video meeting first, start presenting, and then record.
- You can’t record if the meeting was created on a conference room device (such as Meet hardware), or was generated by another process, such as a Chrome plug in. Schedule the meeting in Calendar or be sure a person, and not a device, starts any ad-hoc meetings.
- Make sure the meeting organizer’s account is not disabled, which also disabled recordings for the meetings they organized.
- As a troubleshooting steps-> delete the meeting from the Calendar event, save it, and add a new meeting code to recreate a meeting.
- recording is not available if you are using a free personal Google account.
You can record videos meetings with these account types:
- G Suite for Education
- G Suite Enterprise for Education
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus editions
Solution : Contact your IT support
If you are working in an organization on Google workspace, then due to older Google workspace you may not have recording capabilities, but would need to upgrade once the new workspace become available .
Solution : Logout from Google account
Due to some software glitch in your Google account, you may not be able to get the record option. To fix that simply logout from the Google account and close the browser and login back on Google account. Check if it helps